Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My day started with a class of Spanish politics taught by a fabulous Oxford-educated British professor. His familiarity with the Spanish political system and the Spanish language are simply astonishing!

After class, we visited Telefonica, one of the largest telecommunications providers in the world. We were introduced to several technologies that have not yet been publicly announced and I will lose my life if I divulge the secrets soryyyy :) All I can say is that the era will soon come, when we will use our cellphones for everything except feeding ourselves :).

I left Telefonica just in time to catch a taxi to the Arabic baths I have been dreaming about desde mi llegada a Madrid. :) It was fabulous! The Medinat Mayrit is located close to the Puerta del Sol, and it features three rooms with warm, hot and cold water, a hot sauna, a massage room, a tea room, and an Arabic restaurant. I spent 2 hours in heaven!!!! The baths are supposed to be taken in the order I listed them above, in order to increase blood circulation :) The quite shocking part was that the massages were administered only by men and so I had the choice to either run away or give in to temptation.... God forgive me! :)

No comments: