Thursday, July 5, 2007

Will I ever hold a green card?.....

It's Thursday evening, two days before my trip to Spain. I am disappointed that CIS changed their regulations overnight and decided to return all residency petitions filed in July, although they had announced in June that all pending applications would become current this month. The American Immigration Law Foundation is filing a lawsuit, and all of us have been invited to join in. I am not sure whether it is a good idea... success is not guaranteed, the process could take years and I would have to pay additional legal fees. My sister and brother-in-law are in exactly the same situation... Wouldn't it be wonderful if I married an American? :)

So if my trip to Philadelphia did not serve its original purpose, it allowed me to relax a bit and take care of some things I would have had to do in August, the day before the MBA program starts. I opened a new bank account, bought some things for my new apartment, planned my trip to Spain in minute detail :), and got all of my immunizations done (yuk!). I almost fainted after I had blood taken out and 4 vaccines administered, but somehow I survived (phew :)). I wish someone had warned me that I would be throwing up and feeling lightheaded, because for a minute as I was falling to the ground, unable to call the doctor, I thought I was going to die.

Oh well, that is behind now, only to be talked about, and I am still alive :) I had not yet accomplished all of my dreams in life, so the moment was just not right :) Hugs!

No comments: