Saturday, July 28, 2007

Leaving Granada...

Leaving aside the fact that I fell ill yesterday, my time in Granada has been amazing! Alhambra seems a magic place from One Thousand and One Nights, with its curved ceilings, ornate interiors, scented gardens and mosaic fountains. I wish everyone on this planet could visit this place at least once in their lifetime.... At 10pm I returned to the gardens for a SPECTACULAR show of eclectic music and dance dedicated to the time spent by the world renown Spanish author Federico Garcia Lorca in New York. A mixture of capoeira, jazz, flamenco, and many other dance styles, the spectacle was a an absolute delight! In one act, about 10 male dancers performed while water was being poured from an installation mounted on the top of the stage - an amazing play of shadows and lights reflected in the water! I wish I could describe the effect but no words seem to do justice to the beauty of the act.


I am leaving to the airport in 5 minutes - destination: Palma de Mallorca!

No comments: